***********PLEASE SEE ADDED NOTES AND COMMENTS AT BOTTOM OF POST*************
Turn a simple inexpensive pill box into a cute gift for someone overcoming sickness or taking daily medication.
Inexpensive/free pill box from the pharmacy. Neutral is best (clear or white)
Fabric or scrapbook paper
Coordinating Sharpie marker if needed
Stick on letters (I used vinyl cut from my Cricut)
Mini goodies to help the recipient feel better
1. Measure the width of pill box. Mark and cut a piece longer than what you think you'll need to cover bottom, front, and back. You can trim it up later.
2. Starting on the bottom of box, apply Mod-Podge with small paintbrush. Press fabric/paper firmly to be sure it is adhered well and smooth out wrinkles. Continue up the sides, applying a good layer of Mod-Podge and pressing fabric/paper firmly. I folded just over the lip of the box. **Do not let glue fall into the inside!**
3. This is where I measured and trimmed it to fit perfectly.
4. Turn pill box on it's side and trace the end onto fabric/paper. Cut 2 pieces.
5. Mod-Podge end pieces.
6. Measure and cut fabric/paper pieces for the lid, and Mod-Podge them on.
7. Seal the newly added fabric/scrapbook areas by adding a coat of Mod-Podge. Let Dry. Coat again.
8. Apply letters spelling out "Get Well", or "M", "T", "W", etc.
9. I now took a Brown Sharpie and covered any green sections showing through. (Except the inside. You shouldn't do anything to the inside of the box. That is why it would be nice to start with one that is clear or white)
10. Be sure the inside of the pill box is free from glue or marker. Wipe inside clean with wet wipes and paper towels if needed. Fill with small treats!!
Use your judgement in the type of recipient for this idea. Mary points out (in comments) it could be dangerous for children who may mistake pills for candy. I couldn't agree more, and did not intend that parents would give this item to young children. It is more a gift you would want to give an adult,the elderly, or as Ms. Joyce points out, a gift for someone taking college exams. Great idea!